In order to best serve you, we utilize a ticket system. Every message from you is assigned a unique ticket number which you can use to view the responses online. For your future reference, we provide complete archives and history of all your communications with us. A valid email address is required.
If you would like to have your name removed from the alumni lists
* provide the URL of the class page on which you appear.
The required URL begins with:
the exact name as listed on the page.
Note: we do not completely remove your name, but upon request (with a correct URL), we will gladly:
- abbreviate your surname (for example, "Jane Dorean" becomes "Jane D.")
- hide the record from the general public (registered classmates will still be able to see your abbreviated name)
- flag the record to protect it *
- email you a report
REQUESTS ARE NORMALLY PROCESSED WITHIN 24 HRS, BUT OCCASIONALLY MAY TAKE 3 DAYS
* Because our automated processes are continuously adding names from thousands of online resources, we need to keep your record in the system to minimize the chance of it being re-added by those processes. Although our automated processes are very intelligent, we cannot 100% guarantee that your name will not reappear, especially if it has a different spelling. Additionally, the flagged record helps prevent volunteer coordinators from listing your full name when they add classmates.
Note: we have no control over how long it takes the search engines (like Google, Yahoo & Bing) to update their versions.
Contrary to popular opinion:* there is no specific law that requires websites to remove information (but you can get a court order)
* alumni membership is not private information, it is public (or else newspapers would be in trouble).
If you are having trouble claiming your name or adding your name to a class list:
please verify that you are looking in the right place for your name. When you confirm yourself as a member of the class (by claiming or adding), your name goes into the upper "Alumni - confirmed" list, and won't be found in the lower "Alumni - probable" list.
If you are listed as deceased:
please go back and read more carefully. "Change living status" does not mean "Is dead". If, however, you are in the top "Alumni - confirmed" list, and have been falsely reported as deceased, we will gladly fix it.
Open A New Ticket
Please provide as much detail as possible so we can best assist you. To update a previously submitted ticket, please use the form to the right.
Check Ticket Status
You may view your current communications with us, and past communications as well.